Drunken Wild Chicken
- Breast meat from 2 sharp-tailed grouse
- 2 cups buttermilk
- I package frozen cranberries
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 4 oz. dark rum
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- salt and pepper
- Marinate breasts in buttermilk overnight
- Roll breasts in flour and brown in olive oil and butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the meat and in the same pan pour in about rum to deglaze the pan and work up the drippings from the birds.
- Add frozen cranberries and about a ½ to 1 cup of orange juice, slowly cook the cranberries until they are breaking down and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add hot sauce to taste
- Add honey to taste, if you like the tartness of the cranberries add less or sweeter add more.
- Add the birds, cover them with the sauce and put on the lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the breasts and how well done you like your meat.