http://www.pfcalgary.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/silver-sage.jpg 2736 3648 Website Management http://www.pfcalgary.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/PFlogoLOGO.png Website Management2015-01-08 16:45:382018-06-26 10:48:43Habitat Restoration
Upland wildlife habitat enhancement and restoration is accomplished by employing a number of methods including:
- Planting trees, shrubs and grasses to create shelterbelts and protective cover.
- Purchase and installation of fencing and fence materials for projects to keep cattle from overgrazing established shelterbelts and riparian areas
- Planting good quality nesting cover
- Setting up winter food plots and emergency feeding stations
- Planting grass seed
- Acquiring and installing drip irrigation systems
- Creation of wetlands
- Purchasing equipment such as mulch applicators, tree planters, tillage equipment, heavy disc cultivators, seeders etc.
- Purchasing herbicides and various chemical applications
- Materials for developing off-site watering units for cattle
- Providing funds for building turnouts on underground irrigation projects